I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Monday 19 December 2011

Peppermint Play Dough Santa!

We made a peppermint play dough Santa - he's cute and smells good! :)

We mixed our dough and added a ton of peppermint flavouring - it smelled sooooo gooood!
I simply mixed approx. 4 cups flour to 1 cup salt - add water to the proper consistancy and toss in the colouring and peppermint! We kept half white and the other half we made red.

Then we pressed the dough into a cool tin I found at he thrift store with Santas image - it's probably for cake decorating - I'm not sure?

After a couple of days we popped it off the tin!

It looks OK but I think when it dries a little more we will paint it and put on some glitter! :)
Everything is better with glitter!

The kids loved the colour and the smell - it was a great sensory experience!

Update: We added some glitter, wiggly eyes, and some coconut in his beard!



1 comment:

  1. I love your Santa. I'm planning on making some peppermint play dough later for Hazel's birthday party. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete